At Voya, we’re making a secure financial future possible for all Americans – one person, one family, and one institution at a time.
Who We Are
Put our resources to work for you
Voya Financial is a group of premier retirement, investment and insurance companies with 225,000 points of distribution and approximately $467 billion in total AUM and AUA as of December 31, 2018. We’re dedicated to making a secure financial future possible for all Americans. And, we have the experience, resources and commitment to help you grow your business.
We’re a group of premier retirement, investment and insurance companies serving the needs of more than 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States. So no matter your industry or the size of your organization, you and your employees can depend on us to be a reliable partner.
Our vision is to be America’s Retirement Company®, and we’re centered on solving the most daunting financial challenge facing Americans today: retirement readiness. Working directly with clients and through a broad group of financial intermediaries, independent producers, affiliated advisors and dedicated sales specialists, Voya is grounded in a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time.
The Voya insurance companies are highly rated by commercial rating agencies for financial strength and their ability to meet claims and guarantees. We hold a high standard against ourselves and are proud of the high ratings we have within our industry. Learn more about our ratings on our Investors Financial Ratings Page (opens new window).
Awards and Recognition
- Included in the 2018 Fortune 500 list (#307)
- Included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second consecutive year
- Named one of the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the fifth consecutive year
- Certified as a 2018 Great Place to Work® for the third consecutive year
- Named one of the 2018 World’s Best Employers by Forbes
- Named to Fortune’s 2018 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Named as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality for thirteen consecutive years in the 2018 Human Rights Campaign Foundation annual Corporate Equality Index
- Voya Investment Management Named to Pensions & Investments Magazine's 2018 Best Places to Work in Money Management List for fourth consecutive year
- Named to the 2017 Newsweek Green Rankings for the third consecutive year, placing first on the list among diversified financial companies in the U.S.
- A top-five retirement plan provider based on number of plans and participants1
- A full-service asset manager with 95% of fixed income assets, 100% of senior bank loans, and 95% of multi-asset strategy assets outperforming their benchmarks on a 5-year basis2
- A top-tier independent broker-dealer in the U.S.3
- More than 35 years of stop loss experience and one of the top stop loss providers in the nation4
(based on data as of 9/30/2017)
2 As of 9/30/2018
3 InvestmentNews BD Data Center
4 Ranking of top stop loss providers in the U.S. based on yearly premium as of Nov. 2017 by MyHealthGuide
Newsletter: News for the Self-Funded Community, and does not include managed health care providers